Burdekin Shire Council is seeking applications for an Information and Communications Technology (ICT) Help Desk Support Officer.
Applicants with limited experience but a demonstrated interest in ICT are encouraged to apply.
The key responsibilities include:
- Provide first point of contact support to Council and Stakeholders for all ICT issues and manage all support requests end-to-end to ensure timely resolution and accurate recording of information and data.
- Procure, install, support and maintain all Council’s end-user ICT equipment and software.
- Provide technical advice and support to staff for Council’s ICT and business systems.
- Liaise with management, staff, consultants and vendors in a timely, respectful and efficient manner on a wide range of ICT related matters, including problem resolution; service changes; requests and project status; training and organisational issues.
- Work on and actively manage assigned projects to successfully achieve the project objectives. This will entail initiating, designing, planning, controlling, executing, monitoring, and closing the project.
- Prompt, ongoing maintenance of the information within the ICT Service Management system (ManageEngine ServiceDesk Plus).
The successful applicant will possess the following attributes at a minimum:
- Class C Driver’s Licence.
- Demonstrated sound verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated sound analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to think “outside the box”.
Applicants should familiarise themselves with the entire position description.
The applicable salary ranges from $36,325 to $78,446 with the commencing salary dependent upon the qualifications, skills and experience of the successful applicant.
Application packages are available from the Human Resources Office on (07) 4783 9800 or you can download the application package using the following link.
- Job Vacancy 19/12 - Information and Communications Technology (ICT) Help Desk Support Officer - (pdf 218.15 kB)
Applications for 19/12 – ICT Help Desk Support Officer should include:
- A cover letter
- A current resume
- Statements addressing the selection criteria
Applications can be submitted using one of the following methods:
Applications close on Friday, 26 April 2019 at 5.00pm. Word or PDF format is preferable.
For further information please contact Dirk Dabelstein – ICT Coordinator on (07) 4783 9800.