Burdekin Shire Council is seeking applications for a Corporate Records Officer to assist with the management of Council’s corporate records.
The key responsibilities include:
- Contribute to the operational objectives of the work area by actively promoting, monitoring and auditing the application of records management policies and procedures.
- Complete the daily classification and distribution of correspondence to relevant officers for action, scanning and profiling of physical documentation.
- Contribute to the ongoing development, operation, maintenance and security of the Council’s electronic document and records management system – TechnologyOne Enterprise Content Management (ECM).
- Establish and conduct a staff training program for ECM and the integration functionalities of TechnologyOne Property & Rating, including the preparation of user guides.
- Liaise with staff and assist with the disposal of records which have met the requirements of approved retention and disposal schedules.
The successful applicant will possess the following attributes at a minimum:
- Demonstrated experience in the records/information management field and experience in the operation, maintenance and administration of an electronic document and records management system (eDRMS).
- Knowledge of the legislative requirements relating to the management of information within the public sector and an understanding of the role of Queensland State Archives.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the principles of archiving, the functional approach to classification of business information and the relationship with approved retention and disposal schedules.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to work in a team environment and interact effectively with, and provide advice to, a wide cross-section of people within the workplace.
- Experience in preparing training material and conducting group and individual training programs.
Applicants should familiarise themselves with the entire position description.
The applicable salary is to a ceiling of Level 4 ($78,447pa) with the commencing salary dependent upon the skills and experience of the successful applicant.
Application packages are available from the Human Resources Office on (07) 4783 9800 or you can download the application package using the following link:
- Job Vacancy 19/21 - Corporate Records Officer - (pdf 194.64 kB)
Applications for 19/21 – Corporate Records Officer should include:
- A cover letter
- A current resume
- Statements addressing the selection criteria
Applications can be submitted using one of the following methods:
Applications close on Monday, 20 May 2019 at 5.00pm. Word or PDF format is preferable.
For further information please contact the Administration and Records Coordinator – Anne-Maree Dale on (07) 4783 9800.