We are currently seeking applications to fill the role of Executive Secretary. This is a temporary position for a period of up to six months.
The key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Perform executive secretarial duties for Mayor – Record all correspondence and prepare responses. Receive and handle enquiries (counter and telephone) for the Mayor with a high degree of judgement, initiative and confidentiality.
- Maintain efficient management of the Mayor’s diary and time, conference registration, air travel and accommodation bookings as and when required.
- Undertake research and collate information to provide the Mayor with background information on matters put before her.
- Provide executive secretarial support for Chief Executive Officer as and when required.
- As and when required, attend meetings with the Mayor and record proceedings, prepare minutes, and initiate follow up action as appropriate.
The successful applicant will possess the following attributes at a minimum:
- Extensive administrative experience preferable in a personal assistant/secretarial role.
- Advanced information, communication and technology (ICT) skills including the use of Microsoft Office packages.
- Excellent written communications skills.
- Excellent customer service and facilitation skills.
- Advanced skills in managing time, exercising judgement in the planning of own work, setting priorities and organising work.
- Previous experience in document management and diary schedules.
Applicants should familiarise themselves with the entire position description.
The applicable salary is to a ceiling of Level 3 ($71,782pa) with the commencing salary dependent upon the skills and experience of the successful applicant.
Applications for 19/28 – Executive Secretary (Temporary) should include:
- A cover letter
- A current resume
- Statements addressing the selection criteria
Application packages are available from the Human Resources Office on (07) 4783 9800 or you can download the application package using the following link:
- Job Vacancy 19/28 - Executive Secretary - (pdf 153.33 kB)
Applications can be submitted using one of the following methods:
Applications close on Tuesday, 18 June 2019 at 5.00pm. Word or PDF format is preferable.
For further information please contact the Human Resources Coordinator – Belinda Tinus on (07) 4783 9800.