Burdekin Shire Council is currently seeking applications to fill the role of Labourer in the Works section.
The key responsibilities include:
- Assisting work team members with the construction and maintenance of Council infrastructure in accordance with specifications, plans and safety documentation
- Confirm the location of services (Power, Water, Fibre Optic etc.) before commencing works.
- On a day to day basis, work efficiently and accurately, exercising initiative in the application of established work procedures.
- Assist in the establishment of desired outcomes for particular works for which responsibility has been allocated and to ensure their achievement.
- Other duties as directed by the Works Overseer or Works Supervisor.
The successful applicant will possess the following attributes at a minimum:
- MR Drivers Licence.
- General Construction Induction White Card.
- Demonstrated sound written and verbal communication skills and the ability to follow both written and verbal instructions.
- Ability to assess safety risks and complete and understand risk assessments associated with works.
- Physical ability necessary to undertake manual handling and labouring for extended period in direct sunlight if required.
Applicants should familiarise themselves with the entire position description.
The gross fortnightly wage for this position is $2,124.20 including Construction Allowance.
Application packages are available from the Human Resources Office on (07) 4783 9800 or you can download the application package using the following link.
- Job Vacancy 19/32 - Labourer - Works - (pdf 146.64 kB)
Applications for 19/32 – Labourer – Works should include:
- A cover letter
- A current resume
- Statements addressing the selection criteria
Applications can be submitted using one of the following methods:
Applications close on Tuesday, 16 July 2019 at 5.00pm. Word or PDF format is preferable.
For further information please contact the Works Overseer – Robert Potter on (07) 4783 9800.