Australians aged 55 and over lost more to online scammers than any other age group. It serves as a reminder that the internet is a wonderful place to explore and connect, but it pays to be savvy.
This 1-hour FREE webinar presentation will cover:
– Some of the most common scams, including the latest tax and Medicare scams, dating and tech support scams
– Tips on how to spot them
– What to do and how to avoid them
– Where to go when you need help
The presentation is offered by the Office of the eSafety Commissioner and is being hosted by the Burdekin Library at the Ideas@108 space via a web session. You don’t need to bring anything unless you want to take notes during the presentation. Although designed to help older Australians stay safer online, everyone is welcome. Bookings can be made at the Burdekin Library at 108 Graham Street or by phoning 4783 9970.
This is one in a series of webinar presentations on cyber safety to be held over the next couple of months.
The other sessions will be
- Spot a scam – learn how to recognise and protect yourself from common scams and where to go for help when you need it – 9 April – 12.30pm
- Using data – learn how and when to use your mobile data or Wi-Fi to help you stay safer online and save money – 25 March – 9am; 26 March – 1pm; 9 April – 10.30am
- Safe on Facebook – learn how to protect your privacy on Facebook and enjoy connecting with others online safely – 28 March – 1.00pm; 8 April – 9.30am