Are you ready?
What to do
Where to get information
During emergencies, the Burdekin Shire Council is your official source of information.
Like the Burdekin Shire Council Disaster Coordination Centre Facebook Page for up to date information provided directly from the Burdekin Local Disaster Management Group www.facebook.com/BurdekinDCC
- Go to the Burdekin Emergency Dashboard for all latest emergency updates https://disaster.burdekin.qld.gov.au/
- Log on to the Bureau of Meteorology website for weather updates, warnings and information www.bom.gov.au
- ABC TV and Radio are the official Emergency News channels. Watch and listen for emergency updates.
- Tune your radio to your local radio station ABC North Qld 630 AM, Sweet FM 97.1FM or 4TO Townsville 102.3FM.
- Further information on preparing, emergency alerts and information can be accessed at www.disaster.qld.gov.au or https://www.qld.gov.au/alerts
Listen out for
- The Standard Emergency Warning Signal (SEWS) is used at the beginning of serious warnings. SEWS is a wailing siren sound used throughout Australia for serious emergency events.
- To listen to the SEWS go to: www.disaster.qld.gov.au/Warnings_and_Alerts/pages/ About_SEWS.aspx
- Emergency Alert voice messages to your landline and text messages to your mobile telephone.
- Local updates and community safety announcements on radio and television.
- Emergency Services personnel who may door-knock your area to pass on warnings.