Here are some relevant links for Committee’s in Community and Sporting Clubs.
Is your club an Incorporated Association?
Follow the link below for information regarding the following:
- Set up an incorporated association
- After you incorporate an association
- Running an incorporated association
- Financial responsibilities for incorporated associations
For more information regarding Incorporated Associations
Annual General Meeting (AGM)
An AGM must happen within 6 months of the end of your association’s financial year.
This meeting is a chance to:
- state your association’s financial position
- give audited or reviewed financial statements to your members
- outline the activities of the year before
- elect office bearers.
Attendees may be:
- committee members
- ordinary members
- invited guests.
For more information regarding how to conduct an Annual General Meeting
Calling the AGM
Your association’s rules must set out how to:
- call an AGM
- give notice of an AGM to your members
- give notice of any special resolutions ( https://www.qld.gov.au ) to your members.
Under the model rules, the secretary gives notice to each member. They must:
- outline the nature of the business (including that it is the AGM)
- send the notice at least 14 days before the AGM
- send written notice and details of any special resolutions at least 14 days before the AGM.
- you can send the meeting notice and a notice of any special resolutions in the same document.
For more information regarding ‘Calling the AGM’
Calling a General Meeting
Your association rules must set out how to call a general meeting. This includes:
- giving notice to members
- the procedure for general meetings.
Under the model rules, the secretary is responsible for doing this. The model rules require the secretary to call a general meeting:
- when the committee requires them to call one
- in response to a signed written request
- from at least one-third of the committee
- by a group of ordinary members that’s more than double the number on the committee plus one.
Roles within the Committee
All committees must consist of:
For more information on these roles please click here
Charities and Fundraising
- Starting an appeal for fundraising support
- Running an appeal for fundraising support
For more information on charities and fundraising please click here
- Registering a cooperative
- Running a cooperative
For more information on cooperatives please click here