Do you want FREE access to award-winning documentaries, independent features and festival favourites to delight, inspire and entertain you?
As a Burdekin Library member you can now access TWO streaming services.
What is Kanopy?
Kanopy showcases more than 30,000 of the world’s best films, including award-winning documentaries, rare and hard-to-find titles, film festival favorites, indie and classic films, and world cinema with collections from Umbrella Entertainment, Madman Entertainment, Under the Milky Way, SND Films and thousands of independent filmmakers.
There is a special “KIDS” collection and parental controls can be set to ensure younger viewers cannot access inappropriate material.
Kanopy is FREE for users with a library card; all users need to do to get started streaming films is to visit Burdekin Library’s Kanopy site.
How do I use Kanopy?
- Create an account using one of the following three methods: Facebook, Google, or email address. If you already have an account, simply click the orange “Log in” button and enter your information.
- If you have registered with an email address and password, go to your Inbox to verify your email address. Go back to Kanopy and add your library card number and PIN.
- You can stream films from Roku, iOS, and Android devices using the free Kanopy app, which is available from your device’s app store.
- You can use Chromecast or Apple TV to access Kanopy. Visit the Kanopy help pages for detailed instructions on how to use Chromecast, Apple TV, and other methods to access Kanopy.
- You have 10 play credits every month so you can view up to 10 films per month.
- Once you press play you have three days to watch each film as many times as you like.
- Play credits reset on the 1st of the month
The service is easy to use so come and join our Burdekin Library Kanopy community!!
What is Beamafilm?
Beamafilm is an Australian service that offers on demand documentary and independent films from around the world, with a focus on Australian content.
They are Australia’s premium streaming channel for true stories and independent voices. They’ve carefully curated this collection of award-winning documentaries, independent features and festival favourites to delight, inspire and entertain you. Many of the films can only be found on the Beamafilm platform.
They offer a variety of different on-demand viewing options including Library Card Access which is FREE!
How do I use Beamafilm?
1. Visit the library’s Beamafilm portal
2. If your library name is not already prefilled, select your library from the drop-down menu.
3. Type in your library membership number from your library card.
4. Create your account by entering your name, email and choosing a password.
5. You will receive a welcome email. Go to your email account and click on the verification link to confirm your account.
6. Log in.
7. Watch movies! There are no viewing limits, so you can watch as many as you want, whenever you want. You can access Beamafilm on any internet connected device.
If you have a Chromecast device or Apple TV click here for detailed instructions on watching Beamafilm on your digital television.
How it works
Beamafilm is a movie streaming platform where you can watch hundreds of films at anytime, anywhere on internet connected devices such as those shown below.
- TV’s through Chromecast
- TV’s Through AppleTV and
- TV’s through HDMI
To find out more information and more detailed answers to questions about getting started – find out how it works here
So get started now – we hope you enjoy the Beamafilm movie experience!