Exciting new Beamafilm updates launching on 5 March
The Beamafilm movie streaming website is being re-launched with some great new features –
- Enhanced user-friendly interface
- New mobile-friendly responsive design
- Individual profiles allow personalisation
- Bookmark your favourite titles to watch later!
- Easier catalogue browsing and improved discoverability
- Sort by subject-aligned categories
- Filter by classification/interests
- MA/R titles will now be announced via a pop up that asks you to verify your age. (They can still be blocked completely if required).
Some of these changes are possible because you now create an individual login with email and password (linked to your library card number). The new site has HTTPS certification so the login system is secure and your email address will never be provided to third parties.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR USING THE NEW BEAMAFILM WEBSITE
1. Visit the library’s Beamafilm portal
2. If your library name is not already prefilled, select your library from the drop-down menu.
3. Type in your library membership number from your library card.
4. Create your account by entering your name, email and choosing a password.
5. You will receive a welcome email. Go to your email account and click on the verification link to confirm your account.
6. Log in.
7. Watch movies! There are no viewing limits, so you can watch as many as you want, whenever you want. You can access Beamafilm on any internet connected device.
Keep an eye out for the app for Android and iOS devices that will be coming soon.
2019 State Library of Queensland research fellowships now available
A range of research fellowships and awards are available annually as part of the Queensland Memory Awards. The Awards recognise the valuable contribution of individuals and organisations from across Queensland make to the investigation, preservation and celebration of Queensland’s rich history.
State Library is inviting researchers and creatives from all backgrounds and disciplines to respond to the Library’s unique collections and resources including manuscripts, maps, music, newspapers, oral histories and rare printed material.
Applications and nominations for the 2019 Queensland Memory Awards are now open. All applications must be received by 5:00pm Thursday 28 March 2019.
For information about each of the fellowships, awards and residencies, including past recipients or to apply for a fellowship, please select from the list on the SLQ website. A Fellowship and Residencies Information Night will be held on Thursday 7 March 2019 at State Library.
Stella Prize long list announced!
The long list of selected books for the prestigious Stella prize for Australian women’s writing has been announced. The prize is named after one of Australia’s iconic female authors, Stella Maria Sarah ‘Miles’ Franklin, and was awarded for the first time in 2013. Both nonfiction and fiction books by Australian women are eligible for entry.
New eBook and eAudiobook platform is here!
We are excited to announce that Burdekin Library has joined with three other libraries in the North Queensland Network to bring you access to a new range of e-titles in both book and audio formats. This is through the Borrowbox app provided by Bolinda Digital, an innovative Australian company providing high quality eContent. You can access the app through the App Store or Google Play. You are now able to take advantage of this new user-friendly service which is FREE to library members.
New movie streaming service now available!
Through the State Library of Queensland, Burdekin Library members can access more than 30,000 films, for FREE. The popular on-demand film streaming service Kanopy is now available. Library card holders can access Kanopy and sign up to start streaming films from any computer, television, mobile device or platform by downloading the Kanopy app for iOS, Android, AppleTV or Chromecast. Enjoy this amazing service now it is live.