The Community Grants Program is a wonderful initiative which enables Council to provide support to community and sporting groups.
Due to the growing demand for Council support, the program has been reviewed and updated to make it an even more equitable process for everyone.
Council will be heavily supporting the community to take advantage of the Community Grants Program through a series of workshops and one-on-one sessions can also be arranged with Council’s Community Development Manager to discuss the application process.
Groups will be able to apply for funding under three separate rounds during:
- 3 June to 30 June 2019
- 30 September to 27 October 2019
- 3 February to 1 March 2020
Once the grant round has closed:
- The Internal grant assessment panel will meet for assessment
- The Decision will go to Council meeting for endorsement
- Applicants will be notified after the Council meeting
All community and sporting groups wishing to apply for the Community Grants Program must ensure their application is submitted within the ‘round dates’. Applications submitted outside of the ‘round dates’ will not be accepted.
The Community Grants Program Guidelines and Application form can be downloaded using the following links:
- Community Grants Program - Guide for Applicants - (pdf 317.84 kB)
- Community Grants Program - Application Form - (pdf 506.24 kB)
- Community Grants Program Acquittal Form - (pdf 8.94 MB)
Once the form has been completed please sign and return to:
Community Development Manager
Burdekin Shire Council
PO Box 974
AYR QLD 4807
If you require further assistance to develop or complete this grant application, please contact:
Community Development department at Burdekin Shire Council on (07) 4783 9800.
To assist you with organising your event Council has provided helpfully links below:
Below are also some example templates that may be resourceful when planning your event:
- Risk Evaluation form - (pdf 79.46 kB)
- Event Survey form - (pdf 430.21 kB)
- Event Management form - (pdf 6.52 MB)
- Event Budget form - (pdf 609.93 kB)