The Burdekin Shire Council is committed to providing the residents of the Burdekin Shire with a high standard of customer service at all times. As outlined in our “Mission” statement:
Customer Focus – “to recognise and value the importance of our customers and to deliver excellence in services provided to both our external and internal customers.”
Our Customer Service Charter is the commitment of the Burdekin Shire Council to always provide its customers with the highest standard of customer service.
Our customers are all people who reside, visit or have contact with the Burdekin Shire Council.
To be recognised as a high quality customer orientated service organisation that demonstrates leadership and commitment to the community. To serve the community through communication, consultation and quality service.
We will endeavour to provide the following:
- Prompt and efficient services
- Friendly, courteous and quality service
- Accurate and consistent information
- Identify ourselves by name in contact with all customers
- Have staff available during core business hours
- Provide “after hours” service for requests of an urgent nature
- Welcome you at our service desks within 5 minutes.
- Answer all telephone enquiries quickly and efficiently, within six rings.
- Answer all email correspondence quickly and efficiently, within two working days
- Answer all mail correspondence quickly and efficiently, within five working days
- Stick to agreed appointment times
- Maintain a standard of presentation and performance which at all times reflects the high quality of service expected by our customers
- Conduct our business in accordance with industry standards
- Inform you of the best ways to access services from your council
- Maintain the council’s facilities to ensure the safety and comfort of our customers
- Provide an opportunity for our customers to have their concerns addressed through our formal complaints process
Customer Feedback and suggestions
We encourage customers to contact us if they have any enquiries or suggestions.
We can be contacted (visit, mail, email or phone) during core business hours of 8.00am to 5.00pm Monday to Friday.
Our details are:
145 Young Street, AYR QLD 4807
P O Box 974, AYR, QLD 4807
Ph: 07 4783 9800
Fax: 07 47 83 9999