Through committed leadership Burdekin Shire Council will work with the community to create an inclusive, welcoming and healthy environment that offers a high quality of liveability for residents that is underpinned by a productive and diverse economy.
To achieve our vision through leadership, facilitation, innovation and outstanding service.
To achieve our mission, Council has adopted the following values:
- Customers First- We strive to deliver excellence in service to both external and internal customers
- Lead and Innovate- We provide honest and transparent leadership whilst embracing innovation and change.
- Value People- We believe in fairness and respect in our relationships with all members of our community, our key stakeholders and our employees.
- Continuous Improvement- We will challenge the norm in the pursuit of continuous improvement.
- Ideas into Action- We adopt a team approach focused on the efficient delivery of programs and services.
These values are demonstrated across the extensive range of services and projects undertaken by Burdekin Shire Council including the development and implementation of the Corporate Plan.