Responsible for securing the future prosperity and expanded employment opportunities of the Shire’s residents through economic diversification and value adding to existing industries.
Areas of Responsibility
- Encourage and facilitate the establishment of new enterprises to create job opportunities including importation of enterprises from outside the Burdekin Shire
- Create investment opportunities relevant to the strategic advantages of the Burdekin Shire
- Encourage the expansion of existing businesses to create additional jobs
- Develop and deliver projects that promote economic development, employment creation and skill enhancement within the Shire
- Provide professional advice to relevant local organisations and industry groups
- Be an advocate for investors