Local Disaster Coordinator
Disaster Management Officer
The Burdekin Shire Council’s Local Disaster Management Group (LDMG) is chaired by the Mayor of the Burdekin Shire Council (Cr Lyn McLaughlin), and includes Executive Council Officers, representatives from Police, Fire, Ambulance, SES, Health, BCA, QFES and other advisory members as required.
Areas of Responsibility
Some of the prime areas of responsibly are to:
- advise the Council on disaster management
- coordinate disaster operations
- report regularly to the local disaster management group about disaster operations
- update the Local Disaster Management Plan
- ensure local disaster management group members are adequately trained in disaster management
- facilitating Council’s disaster management software and coordination centre.
For additional information please refer to the Local Disaster Management Plan.