07 4783 9800
0408 194 387
- Appointed Community Development Manager in 2014.
- Worked on a number of projects and initiatives to facilitate economic growth and prosperity for the Burdekin and the North Queensland region.
- 31 years’ Local Government experience.
- Commenced professional career in the banking industry before moving to Local Government.
- Resident and educated in the Burdekin.
Responsible for the management, planning, development and ongoing review of high-quality community partnerships that meet the identified needs of residents within the Burdekin Shire and encourage local creativity, vibrancy and diversity.
Areas of Responsibility
- Network and meet with local community organisations to identify assets, needs and issues, and promote new ideas for development
- Develop new resources in consultation with the community and evaluate existing programs
- Ensure effective promotion and dissemination of information about the range of Council and other community services
- Provide professional advice to tourist association
- Foster, plan, attend and organise community events and activities
- Coordinate sport and recreation clubs and other community organisations to maximise use of infrastructure
- Initiate and maintain a community organisation contact database
- Oversee the management of the Burdekin Theatre, Burdekin Library, Burdekin Memorial Hall and Ayr Showgrounds