The role of the purchasing section is to provide an effective and efficient purchasing and supply management system and service for Council’s operations.
Areas of Responsibility
- Manage Council’s procurement function in line with relevant policies and statutory requirements
- Ensure acquisition of goods/services fit for Council’s purposes including safety standards
- Prepare, evaluate, monitor and maintain tenders for supply of goods and services especially for Council’s Workforce
- Manage Council’s Stores Inventory including monitoring, reconciliation and stocktakes
- Liaise with Council’s suppliers and carriers to ensure effective and efficient purchasing and supply service
- Provide Council with specialist understanding of the principles of purchasing and supply management