If you are the holder of a Pensioner Concession Card or a Department of Veterans’ Affairs Health Card – For All Conditions within Australia or TPI, you may be eligible for concessions on your rates.
You may be eligible for concessions if:-
- You hold a Pensioner Concession Card or Department of Veterans’ Affairs Health Card – For All Conditions within Australia or Totally & Permanently Incapacitated;
- The property on which concessions are being claimed is owned by the applicant/s;
- The property on which concessions are being claimed is your principal place of residence;
- You are not claiming a concession on any other property that you own.
Types of Concessions
State Government Subsidy
To receive the subsidy, you must hold 1 of the following concession cards:
- Queensland Pensioner Concession Card (issued by Centrelink ( http://www.humanservices.gov.au/customer/services/centrelink/pensioner-concession-card ) or Department of Veterans’ Affairs ( http://www.dva.gov.au/ ))
- Department of Veterans’ Affairs Health Card for all conditions (Gold Card ( http://www.dva.gov.au/providers/dva-health-cards#goldcard ))
You must also be:
- the owner or life tenant* of the property, which is your principal place of residence and located within the Burdekin shire.
- legally responsible for the payment of local council rates and charges levied on that property.
State Government Emergency Management Levy Discount
If the above are all applicable to you, you may be able to receive this subsidy.
Applicant/s must be on full rate of pension to receive this rebate. If the property is in two or more names, all owners must be on the full rate of pension to receive this rebate.
When can the concessions be claimed?
Concessions can be claimed at anytime during the year.
How do I claim the concessions?
To claim the concessions on your property visit the Customer Service Centre at the Council Chambers at 145 Young Street, Ayr.
When claiming concessions, please remember to bring in your Pensioner Concession Card or Department of Veterans’ Affairs Health Card with you.
Cards eligible for pensioner concessions
Cards NOT eligible for pensioner concessions
Who to contact
For more information on concessions…
Please contact the Customer Service Centre using the Online Contact Form.
You can also contact the Customer Service Centre using one of the following methods.
Customer Service Centre
|145 Young Street,|
Ayr Qld 4807
|Postal Address||PO Box 974|
Ayr Qld 4807
|Opening hours||8am – 5pm, Monday to Friday (except Public Holidays)|
|(07) 4783 9800 – Business hours|
(07) 4783 9800 – After hours (the same number)
|Fax||(07) 4783 9999|
|Online||Use the Online Contact Form|
Building Certification and Plumbing Officers
|Early Opening||Please phone (07) 4783 9942 if you need to access the Building and Plumbing Department between 7am – 8am, Monday to Friday.|
|For all media enquiries please email|
Compliments and Complaints
|The Burdekin Shire Council is committed to an open and friendly relationship with members of our community. Whether you’re telling us what we do well, or how we can improve, your feedback is important to us.If you would like to provide a compliment or complaint regarding actions or decisions made by Council, or by one of our councillors or officers, please visit the|
> Complaints, compliments and suggestions page.
We will only use personal information provided in your email to address the subject matter of your email. This may involve passing on your email to other areas within the council. We will not disclose your personal information to other government agencies, organisations or anyone else unless one of the following applies:
- you consented to the disclosure
- you would have a reasonable expectation that your personal information would be disclosed
- it is required or authorised by law
- it will prevent or lessen a serious threat to somebody’s life or health; and
- the disclosure is reasonably necessary for a law enforcement activity.
Your email address details will not be added to a mailing list. Email messages may be monitored by our information technology staff for system trouble-shooting and maintenance purposes.