If you are the holder of a Pensioner Concession Card or a Department of Veterans’ Affairs Health Card – For All Conditions within Australia or TPI, you may be eligible for concessions on your rates.
You may be eligible for concessions if:
- You hold a Pensioner Concession Card or Department of Veterans’ Affairs Health Card – For All Conditions within Australia or Totally & Permanently Incapacitated;
- The property on which concessions are being claimed is owned by the applicant/s;
- The property on which concessions are being claimed is your principal place of residence;
- You are not claiming a concession on any other property that you own.
Types of Concessions
State Government Subsidy
To receive the subsidy, you must hold 1 of the following concession cards:
- Queensland Pensioner Concession Card (issued by Centrelink ( http://www.humanservices.gov.au/customer/services/centrelink/pensioner-concession-card ) or Department of Veterans’ Affairs ( http://www.dva.gov.au/ ))
- Department of Veterans’ Affairs Health Card for all conditions (Gold Card ( http://www.dva.gov.au/providers/dva-health-cards#goldcard ))
You must also be:
- the owner or life tenant* of the property, which is your principal place of residence and located within the Burdekin shire.
- legally responsible for the payment of local council rates and charges levied on that property.
State Government Emergency Management Levy Discount
If the above are all applicable to you, you may be able to receive this subsidy.
Applicant/s must be on full rate of pension to receive this rebate. If the property is in two or more names, all owners must be on the full rate of pension to receive this rebate.
When can the concessions be claimed?
Concessions can be claimed at anytime during the year.
How do I claim the concessions?
To claim the concessions on your property visit the Customer Service Centre at the Council Chambers at 145 Young Street, Ayr.
When claiming concessions, please remember to bring in your Pensioner Concession Card or Department of Veterans’ Affairs Health Card with you.