Burdekin Shire Council is currently seeking applications for casual Box Office Attendants to provide exceptional customer service to patrons of Council’s Cultural Venues including the Burdekin Theatre, Burdekin Memorial Hall and Showgrounds.
The key responsibilities include:
- Sell and process tickets for shows and events.
- Provide exceptional customer service to all clients to promote and maintain a positive organisational image within the community.
- Balance and reconcile box office takings including EFTPOS and cash transactions.
- Attendance at events / meetings after hours or on weekends.
The successful applicant will possess the following attributes at a minimum:
- Demonstrated experience in a customer service role including money handling duties.
- Demonstrated ability to work well within a small team, with a diverse range of customers, and with the public including children.
- Class C driver’s licence.
Applicants should familiarise themselves with the entire position description.
The hourly rate for this position is $25.90 plus the applicable casual loading.
Applications for 19/24 – Cultural Venues – Box Office Attendants (Casual) should include:
- A cover letter
- A current resume
- Statements addressing the selection criteria.
Application packages are available from the Human Resources Office on (07) 4783 9800 or you can download the application package using the following link:
- Job Vacancy 19/24 - Cultural Venues - Box Office Attendants (Casual) - (pdf 184.48 kB)
Applications can be submitted using one of the following methods:
Applications close on Tuesday, 4 June 2019 at 5.00pm. Word or PDF format is preferable.
For further information please contact Christopher Patrick – Cultural Venues Manager on (07) 4783 9800.