Burdekin Shire Council’s Facebook page provides information about upcoming events and activities, important news updates from the Burdekin and links to interesting and useful information which may be of interest to our residents.
It’s an important tool for us to actively engage with our community, serving as a place for discussion, enquiries and an active exchange of ideas.
What to expect from us
Our page is monitored and maintained by our team during business hours.
We welcome your comments, questions and service requests. We will reply to all queries as quickly as possible, though sometimes there will be a delay in providing a full response if we seek advice from a staff member.
If you have a query or complaint that contains personal or sensitive information, or names a council officer or councillor, please contact us by phone on 07 4783 9800, by email or by filling in our online feedback form.
What we expect from you
In order to ensure our page is friendly and welcoming for all visitors we ask that you:
- Be respectful of others and their opinions.
- Do not harass, abuse or threaten other visitors to the site.
- Do not post comments that are likely to offend others, particularly in reference to an individual’s race, age, gender, sexuality, political leaning, religion or disability.
- Do not use obscene or offensive language.
- Do not post defamatory comments.
- Do not post repeat comments continuously.
- Do not repeatedly post information which is factually inaccurate and may mislead others.
- Do not promote anything that may constitute spam, such as commercial interests, solicitations, advertisements or endorsements of any non-governmental agency.
- Do not reveal any personal or sensitive information about others on this page, including naming council officers.
- Protect your personal privacy by not including email addresses, phone numbers or home addresses in public posts or comments.
Any posts or comments that violates these terms will be deleted.
Any person who repeatedly violates these guidelines will be banned from the Burdekin Shire Council Facebook page.
We support the Facebook Statement of Rights and Responsibilities and related Facebook policies, and we request our visitors do the same.
Local government elections
Restrictions about access to and content placed on the BSC Facebook site relating to local government elections may be put in place to ensure our compliance with the requirements of the Local Government Act v2009 and the Local Government Electoral Act 2011. Inappropriate content may be removed.
Although we take care in producing the content for Facebook, it does not guarantee that the information is accurate, complete or current, and that the data is free from defects. Burdekin Shire Council does not accept any responsibility to you if you incur any loss or damage (however it was caused) in connection with the use of Facebook or any website it links to.