The Burdekin Machinery Preservationists are holding an Open Day Display.
- Date: Sunday, 11th November 2018
- Time: 9am – 3pm
- Venue: Brandon Heritage Precinct
- Cost: $5 per person, kids are free
Visitors will be able see the following machinery in operation –
- Small Engines
- Large Diesel Pumping Engines from local farms
- Steam Traction Engine
- The Marshall Colonial Tractor
- Blacksmith Shop
- Machine Shop
- The John Tait Steam Gallery with 6 steam engines operating complete with a new steam whistle
- Rider-Ericsson Hot Air Engine
Static display includes –
- The old church with Brandon Memorabilia
- 2 Historic Steam Locos
- 2 Historic Powerhouse Diesel Engines
- Restoration of one of these engines has been on-going for nearly four years.
- Please check out progress.
There will be a few out of Town Clubs visiting. These clubs may include vintage cars, motorbikes and small engines.
Catering is available to purchase.
We will observe a minutes silence at 11:00am to mark the Centenary of Remembrance Day.
For more information please contact Lex Kelly BMP Secretary on 0488366443.