Mayor Lyn McLaughlin
Mayor Lyn McLaughlin is a primary school teacher, who is serving her fourth term as Mayor of the Burdekin Shire Council. Lyn had previously served six years as a Councillor from 1994 to 2000.
Through her involvement with Local Government, Cr McLaughlin chaired and was a member of numerous State, North Queensland, regional and local committees including the North Queensland Regional Organisation of Councils, Queensland Local Government Grants Commission, Queensland Reconstruction Authority, North and North-West Queensland Regional Development Australia and The Townsville Hospital and Health Service Board.
Lyn has also served as president, secretary and treasurer of community, educational and sporting organisations.
Lyn is married with one adult son.
- Burdekin Community Advisory Network (part of the Townsville Hospital and Health Service)
- Burdekin Local Disaster Management Group (Chair)
- Burdekin Shire Rivers Improvement Trust (Deputy Chair)
- Burdekin Water Futures (Chair)
- North Queensland Regional Organisation of Councils (Chair)
- North Queensland Regional Roads and Transport Group
- Reef Guardian Councils
- Townsville District Disaster Management Group
|Postal Address||Burdekin Shire Council
PO Box 974
AYR QLD 4807
|Phone||Office: (07) 4783 9800
Mobile: 0439 787 312