Job Vacancy 21/72 - Community Engagement and Capacity Building Officer (Temporary)
Council is seeking applications for a motivated Community Engagement and Capacity Building Officer. This is a temporary role for a period of up to 2 years.
Applications close on 27 October 2021.
The Burdekin is located just 70km south of Townsville, where unspoilt natural beauty meets a thriving rural community right on the doorstep of the Great Barrier Reef. Famous for its abundant sunshine and rich agriculture, the shire’s most important asset is water. The Burdekin River combined with a massive underground aquifer and the Burdekin Falls Dam make the district drought resistant.
An exciting opportunity exists within our team for a motivated Community Engagement and Capacity Building Officer to plan, facilitate, deliver and promote programs which build capacity within sporting and community organisations. The successful applicant will also work with community services and other Council staff to achieve community development outcomes including the ‘Our Town Our Future’ community engagement program. This is a temporary role for a period of up to 2 years and is fully funded through the Queensland Reconstruction Authority’s NQ Recovery and Resilience Grant.
The key responsibilities include:
- In consultation with the Manager Community Services, manage the delivery of Council’s ‘Our Town Our Future’ community engagement program.
- Develop and deliver initiatives to facilitate opportunities for the local community to build upon their assets and assist in mobilising individuals, groups and organisations to plan, develop and implement community activities.
- Directly support the Director of Corporate & Community Services and Community Services Manager in program design and implementation.
- Support and grow volunteer activity and engage with the broader community to ensure that the needs and issues of residents are identified and facilitated.
- Build active communities by delivering programs around sport, recreation, parks, playgrounds and aquatic activities that promote regular physical activity as well as individual and community wellbeing.
Applicants should familiarise themselves with the entire position description.
The applicable salary is to a ceiling of Level 4 ($82,016pa) with the commencing salary dependent upon the skills and experience of the successful applicant.
Application packages are available from the Human Resources Office on (07) 4783 9800 or you can download the application package using the following link.
Applications for 21/72 – Community Engagement & Capacity Building Officer (Temporary) should include:
- A cover letter
- A current resume
- Statements addressing the selection criteria
- Copies of relevant qualifications and licences
Applications can be submitted using one of the following methods (Word or PDF format is preferable):
- Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mail – Confidential Application No. 21/72, PO Box 974, Ayr Qld 4807
Applications close on Wednesday, 27 October 2021 at 5.00pm.
For further information please contact the Manager Community Services – David Cornwell on (07) 4783 9800.