Job Vacancy 21/73 - HR Training and Development Officer (Part-time)
An exciting opportunity exists within our team for a motivated HR Training and Development Officer. This is a part-time position of 28 hours per week. Applications close on 27 October 2021.
The Burdekin is located just 70km south of Townsville, where unspoilt natural beauty meets a thriving rural community right on the doorstep of the Great Barrier Reef. Famous for its abundant sunshine and rich agriculture, the shire’s most important asset is water. The Burdekin River combined with a massive underground aquifer and the Burdekin Falls Dam make the district drought resistant.
An exciting opportunity exists within our team for a motivated HR Training and Development Officer to implement the Training and Development function including the sourcing and delivery of effective learning and development programs, preparation, monitoring and reporting on all statistics and expenses and coordinating all associated travel and administrative requirements.
This is a part time position of 28 hours per week with the preferred work pattern of 7am to 3pm Monday to Thursday of each week.
The key responsibilities include:
- Procurement, organisation and scheduling of all Training and Development activities for Council employees.
- Preparation and distribution of quarterly and annual Training and Development reports to the Client Services Manager.
- Procure, organise and schedule all arrangements for travel and accommodation requirements for Council employees.
- Preparation and monitoring of Council’s annual Training and Development Budgets (OBUD, RBUD, RBUD2).
- Conduct Employee Inductions (excluding Work Health and Safety induction) for all new employees and maintain an up-to-date Induction Program.
- Coordinate Council’s Traineeship Program, including Contract sign-up, module selection, monitoring trainee progress and liaising with relevant training providers and government agencies
Applicants should familiarise themselves with the entire position description.
The applicable salary is to a ceiling of Level 3 ($57,968pa) with the commencing salary dependent upon the skills and experience of the successful applicant.
Application packages are available from the Human Resources Office on (07) 4783 9800 or you can download the application package using the following link.
Applications for 21/73 - HR Training and Development Officer should include:
- A cover letter
- A current resume
- Statements addressing the selection criteria
- Copies of relevant qualifications and licences
Applications can be submitted using one of the following methods (Word or PDF format is preferable):
- Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mail – Confidential Application No. 21/73, PO Box 974, Ayr Qld 4807
Applications close on Wednesday, 27 October 2021 at 5.00pm.
For further information please contact the Human Resources Coordinator – Belinda Tinus on (07) 4783 9800.