Job Vacancy 22/25 - Diesel Fitter (Re-advertised)
Council is seeking applications for a Diesel Fitter. Applications will remain open until the position is filled.
The Burdekin is located just 70km south of Townsville, where unspoilt natural beauty meets a thriving rural community right on the doorstep of the Great Barrier Reef. Famous for its abundant sunshine and rich agriculture, the shire’s most important asset is water. The Burdekin River combined with a massive underground aquifer and the Burdekin Falls Dam make the district drought resistant.
Council is seeking applications for a Diesel Fitter to assist in maintaining the Council’s plant and equipment fleet to a high standard by carrying out repairs, maintenance and service works utilising workshop facilities and in the field.
The key responsibilities include:
- Assist in the effective provision of mechanical services for the repair, maintenance and servicing of Council’s plant and equipment, including but not limited to small plant.
- Carry out metal fabrication work as required using a variety of materials.
- The construction, installation, and testing of solar lighting infrastructure.
- Maintain oil store, filters for plant and service bay area.
- Provide trade guidance and assistance as part of a work team.
- Operate with general supervision as a mobile mechanic servicing Council’s on-site plant and equipment and outlying depots as well as Councils workshop at Jones Street depot.
- Supervise and mentor apprentices.
Applicants should familiarise themselves with the entire position description.
Application packages are available from the Human Resources Office on (07) 4783 9800 or you can download the application package using the following link.
Applications for 22/25 – Diesel Fitter should include:
- A cover letter
- A current resume
- Statements addressing the selection criteria
- Copies of relevant qualifications and licences
Applications can be submitted using one of the following methods (Word or PDF format is preferable):
- Email – email@example.com
- Mail – Confidential Application No. 22/25, PO Box 974, Ayr Qld 4807
Applications will remain open until the position is filled.
For further information please contact Kevin Holt - Workshop Superintendent on (07) 4783 9800.