Job Vacancy 19/59 - Labourer - Parks
We are seeking applications to fill the role of Labourer within the Parks section.
Burdekin Shire Council is currently seeking applications to fill the role of Labourer within the Parks section.
The key responsibilities include:
- Assist with the maintenance of Council parks, gardens, public open spaces and cemeteries by undertaking general labouring and truck driving duties as directed by their immediate supervisor.
- Confirm the location of services (Electricity, Water, Telstra etc.) before commencing works.
- On a day to day basis, work efficiently and accurately, exercising initiative in the application of established work procedures.
- Assist in the establishment of desired outcomes for particular works for which responsibility has been allocated and to ensure their achievement.
The successful applicant will possess the following attributes at a minimum:
- Current class C drivers’ licence.
- CPCCWHS1001 - Current General Construction Induction White Card or ability to obtain prior to commencement date.
- Demonstrated knowledge of landscaping and parks operations.
- Demonstrated experience in operating and maintaining a range of small plant and equipment associated with the maintenance of parks and gardens.
- Sound written and verbal communication skills and the ability to follow both verbal and written instructions.
- Proven ability to work in a team environment with limited supervision.
Applicants should familiarise themselves with the entire position description.
The gross fortnightly wage for this position is $2,126.10 including Construction Allowance.
Application packages are available from the Human Resources Office on (07) 4783 9800 or you can download the package using the link below.
Applications for 19/59 – Labourer - Parks should include:
- A cover letter
- A current resume
- Statements addressing the selection criteria
Applications can be submitted using one of the following methods (Word or PDF format is preferable):
- Email – email@example.com
- Mail – Confidential Application No. 19/59, PO Box 974, Ayr Qld 4807
Applications close on Tuesday, 10 December 2019 at 5.00pm.
For further information please contact the Parks Coordinator – Tano Buono on (07) 4783 9800.