Job Vacancy 19/60 - Labourer - Form Setter/Concreter - Works
We are seeking applications for a Labourer - Form Setter/Concreter within the Works section.
Burdekin Shire Council is currently seeking applications for a Labourer - Form Setter/Concreter within the Works section.
The key responsibilities include:
- Construct and repair concrete pits, slabs, etc. requiring plan reading, site preparation, levelling, set-out and installation of formwork, concrete finishing and curing.
- Ensure the efficient use of materials, plant and labour under their control.
- Report immediately to the Works Overseer or Supervisor all incidents, accidents and near misses.
- Confirm the location of services (Power, Water, Optic Fibre etc.) before commencing works.
- On a day to day basis, work efficiently, exercising initiative in the application of established work procedures.
- Undertake all work as specified in the relevant quality and safety plans ensuring compliance with all Acts, Regulations, quality standards and Codes of Practice.
The successful applicant will possess the following attributes at a minimum:
- Demonstrated experience in form-setting and concreting.
- CPCCWHS1001 – General Construction Induction White Card or ability to obtain prior to commencement date.
- MR (Medium Rigid) Drivers Licence or ability to obtain within 6 months of commencement.
- Demonstrated physical ability necessary to undertake manual handling and labouring for extended periods.
Applicants should familiarise themselves with the entire position description.
The gross fortnightly wage for this position ranges from $2,126.10 to $2,202.75 with the commencing wage dependent upon the skills and experience of the successful applicant
Application packages are available from the Human Resources Office on (07) 4783 9800 or you can download the package using the link below.
Applications for 19/60 – Labourer – Form Setter/Concreter – Works should include:
- A cover letter
- A current resume
- Statements addressing the selection criteria
Applications can be submitted using one of the following methods (Word or PDF format is preferable):
- Email – email@example.com
- Mail – Confidential Application No. 19/60, PO Box 974, Ayr Qld 4807
Applications close on Tuesday, 10 December 2019 at 5.00pm.
For further information please contact the Works Supervisor – Jim Cornford on (07) 4783 9800.