Job Vacancy 19/58 - Cadet Technical Officer
We are seeking applications for a Cadet Technical Officer.
Burdekin Shire Council is currently seeking applications for a Cadet Technical Officer - Design. The successful applicant will be required to undertake full time employment while completing an Associate Degree of Engineering (Civil) through the University of Southern Queensland.
The key responsibilities include:
- Enrol in an Associate Degree of Engineering (Civil) and commit to studying for and obtaining this qualification. Apply this knowledge to the workplace.
- Under general direction, undertake projects as a technical officer, including investigation, design, survey, cost estimation, specification preparation, job supervision, tender assessment and project implementation, as constructed recording and asset and maintenance management.
- Participating in Council's Flood Reporting Service. Operation of and maintenance of the Council's two‑way and flood reporting radio systems.
- Assist with the collection and management of road, drainage, water, and sewer asset information.
The successful applicant will possess the following attributes at a minimum:
- Queensland Certificate of Education (QCE) or equivalent, with an OP suitable to gain acceptance into the Associate Degree in Engineering (Civil).
- CPCCWHS1001 - Current General Construction Induction White Card or ability to obtain prior to commencement date.
- Demonstrated ability and time management skills to enable study towards the required tertiary degree while working full-time.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment and take direction from qualified associates and management.
- Experience in computer graphics and design.
- Class C driver’s licence (manual licence).
Applicants should familiarise themselves with the entire position description.
The commencing salary is dependent upon age and experience with a minimum starting rate of $31,836 per annum.
Application package are available from the Human Resources Office on (07) 4783 9800 or you can download the package using the link below.
Applications for 19/58 – Cadet Technical Officer – Design should include:
- A cover letter
- A current resume
- Statements addressing the selection criteria
Applications can be submitted using one of the following methods (Word or PDF format is preferable):
- Email – email@example.com
- Mail to – Confidential Application No. 19/58, PO Box 974, Ayr Qld 4807
Applications close on Tuesday, 10 December 2019 at 5.00pm.
For further information regarding this position please contact the Manager Technical Services – Kevin Byers on (07) 4783 9800.