Job Vacancy 19/62 - Cadet Engineer
We are seeking applications for a Cadet Engineer - Civil. The successful applicant will be required to undertake full time employment while completing a Bachelor of Engineering.
Burdekin Shire Council is currently seeking applications for a Cadet Engineer - Civil. The successful applicant will be required to undertake full time employment while completing a Bachelor of Engineering (Civil).
The key responsibilities include:
- Under general direction provide engineering support to the Project Engineer exercising a high degree of autonomy, judgement, initiative, confidentiality and sensitivity in the performance of work.
- Under general direction undertake or commission surveys, prepare designs and specifications, draft plans and prepare estimates for the Operations Department - Works and Water Wastewater Sections capital and maintenance projects.
- Undertake contract management tasks including developing and monitoring project timelines, undertake site inspections, provide project supervision, co‑ordinating consultants, contractors, tradesmen, technicians and other personnel.
- Monitor quality compliance for assigned projects.
- Undertake technical investigations requiring research of identified problems, establishing desired outcomes and providing practical and economically sound solutions.
The successful applicant will possess the following attributes at a minimum:
- Current enrolment or evidence of acceptance of enrolment in a Bachelor of Engineering (Civil).
- Demonstrated knowledge of some of the following construction industry office practices: drafting, scheduling, estimation, civil construction, cost forecasting and the use of computers as an aid to those activities.
- Current C Class driver’s licence.
- Ability to attain a restricted qualification in Traffic Management Design.
Applicants should familiarise themselves with the entire position description.
The applicable salary is to a ceiling of Level 4 ($80,212pa) with the commencing salary dependent upon the skills and experience of the successful applicant.
Application packages are available from the Human Resources Office on (07) 4783 9800 or you can download the package using the following link.
Applications for 19/62 – Cadet Engineer – Civil should include:
- A cover letter
- A current resume
- Statements addressing the selection criteria
Applications can be submitted using one of the following methods (Word or PDF format is preferable):
- Email – email@example.com
- Mail to – Confidential Application No. 19/62, PO Box 974, Ayr Qld 4807
Applications close on Tuesday, 17 December 2019 at 5.00pm.
For further information regarding this position please contact the Manager Operations – Wayne Saldumbide or Project Engineer – Callan Paige on (07) 4783 9800.