Job Vacancy 20/01 - Tourism Officer
We are seeking applications to fill the role of Tourism Officer.
Burdekin Shire Council is seeking applications for a Tourism Officer to support the development and enhancement of tourism in the Shire as part of the Council’s economic development strategy. The successful applicant will also be responsible for overseeing the operation of the Visitor Information Centres in Ayr and Home Hill and independently managing projects and events with a specific tourism focus.
The successful applicant will possess the following attributes at a minimum:
- Demonstrated experience in working with a range of stakeholders including tourism operators, businesses and volunteers.
- Demonstrated experience in the provision of visitor information services, marketing and excellent customer service.
- Demonstrated event management skills and proven ability and knowledge to undertake council and community events.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, to organise, set work priorities, meet deadlines and achieve work outcomes.
- Ability to effectively communicate, liaise and undertake research on tourism matters.
- Ability to contribute to project teams and work as an active member of a team in planning, implementation and evaluation of projects.
- High level of computer skills, including Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, InDesign and the use of the Internet / Social Media platforms.
- Current class C drivers’ licence.
Applicants should familiarise themselves with the entire position description.
The applicable salary is to a ceiling of Level 4 ($80,212pa) with the commencing salary dependent upon the skills and experience of the successful applicant.
Application packages are available from the Human Resources Office on (07) 4783 9800 or you can download the application package using the following link.
Applications can be submitted using one of the following methods (Word or PDF format is preferable):
- A cover letter
- A current resume
- Statements addressing the selection criteria
Applications can be submitted using one of the following methods:
- Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mail – Confidential Application No. 20/01, PO Box 974, Ayr Qld 4807
Applications close on Friday, 31 January 2020 at 5.00pm.
For further information please the Human Resources Office on (07) 4783 9800.