Job Vacancy 20/02 - Supervisor - Water and Wastewater
We are seeking applications to fill the role of Supervisor within the Water and Wastewater section.
Burdekin Shire Council is currently seeking applications for a Supervisor within Water and Wastewater to provide planned and responsive construction and maintenance services for water distribution and wastewater collection systems.
The key responsibilities include:
- Manage, supervise and control planned construction and responsive network maintenance activities to ensure Council meets its adopted WWW Customer Service Standards.
- Provide supervisory oversight to employees under your control to locate, repair, replace or install new pipes, joints, fittings, meters on water services in roadways, footpaths and easements.
- Review requirements for programmed maintenance of water assets including mains flushing, air scouring, leak detection, valve exercising, fire hydrant location, identification and operation.
- Installation and maintenance of backflow prevention devices.
- Respond, investigate and repair water mains, reporting any adverse contributing factors such as asset condition or reliability.
The successful applicant will possess the following attributes at a minimum:
- Qualifications as a Licensed Plumber/Drainer.
- General Construction Induction White Card.
- Backflow Prevention Certification.
- Extensive experience in the maintenance of water and wastewater infrastructure.
- Demonstrated knowledge of distribution system management for the delivery of safe water to customers.
- Minimum of a current “C” class driver’s licence.
Applicants should familiarise themselves with the entire position description.
The applicable salary is to a ceiling of Level 4 ($81,912pa) with the commencing salary dependent upon the skills and experience of the successful applicant.
Application packages are available from the Human Resources Office on (07) 4783 9800 or you can download the application package using the following link.
Applications for 20/02 – Supervisor – Water and Wastewater should include:
- A cover letter
- A current resume
- Statements addressing the selection criteria
Applications can be submitted using one of the following methods (Word or PDF format is preferable):
- Email – email@example.com
- Mail to – Confidential Application No. 20/02, PO Box 974, Ayr Qld 4807
Applications close on Tuesday, 28 January 2020 at 5.00pm.
For further information regarding this position please contact the Manager Operations – Wayne Saldumbide or Project Engineer – Callan Paige on (07) 4783 9800.