Job Vacancy 20/03 - Trainee Treatment Operator
We are seeking applications to fill the role of Trainee Treatment Operator.
Burdekin Shire Council is currently seeking applications for a Trainee Treatment Operator.
The successful applicant will assist in the provision of services in the treatment of water and wastewater to the residents of the Burdekin Shire through the successful completion of a Certificate III in Water Operations and the efficient operation and maintenance of Water and Wastewater Treatment Plants. The traineeship has a nominal duration of two years. Continuing employment after completion of the traineeship is not guaranteed.
This traineeship opportunity is made available with the assistance of government funding; therefore, successful appointment will be dependent on applicants meeting specific funding criteria contained in the attached Traineeship Eligibility Questionnaire. Funding eligibility will be assessed upon receipt of your application.
The key responsibilities include:
- Successfully complete a Certificate III in Water Operations within the required time frame through study and application in the workplace.
- Assist in operation and maintenance of treatment plants e.g. sedimentation and disinfection in accordance with established procedures.
- Perform routine plant inspections to maintain plant operating capability as directed.
- Under close direction, adjust chemical dose rates in response to water quality issues and monitor treatment plant operating parameters.
- Monitor operational status of plant and report observations to senior operators.
- Under regular direction ensure sludge and residuals are processed without causing harm to the environment or the community.
- Participate in on the job training to develop knowledge and skill base.
Applicants should familiarise themselves with the entire position description.
Wages and Conditions of employment will be determined in accordance with the Order – Apprentices’ and Trainees’ Wages and Conditions (Excluding Certain Queensland Government Entities) 2003; Queensland Local Government Industry (Stream B) Award – State 2017 and Council’s Certified Agreement. The commencing wage is $1,304.99 gross per fortnight.
Application packages are available from the Human Resources Office on (07) 4783 9800 or you can download the application package using the following link.
Applications for 20/03 – Trainee Treatment Operator should include:
- A cover letter
- A current resume
- Statements addressing the selection criteria
Applications can be submitted using one of the following methods (Word or PDF format is preferable):
- Email – email@example.com
- Mail to – Confidential Application No. 20/03, PO Box 974, Ayr Qld 4807
Applications close on Tuesday, 28 January 2020 at 5.00pm.
For further information regarding this position please contact the Manager Operations – Wayne Saldumbide or Project Engineer – Callan Paige on (07) 4783 9800.