Job Vacancy 20/04 - Truck Driver - Works
We are seeking applications to fill the role of Truck Driver - Works.
Burdekin Shire Council is currently seeking applications to fill the role of Truck Driver within the Works section.
The key responsibilities include:
- Under the direction of supervisors, participate in maintenance and construction activities of Council infrastructure within the shire.
- Operate machinery, so far as practicable, from public lands and not trespass by person or by vehicle into private lands unless authorised by a supervisor.
- Check the location of services (Power, Water, Fibre Optic etc.) before commencing work.
- Ensuring that all loads are properly covered and safely secured. Failure to adhere to these rules may attract an on the spot fine for which the driver is liable.
- Labouring duties as required and as directed by Supervisor.
- May be required to work overtime & when required, attend out-of-hours emergencies as requested by the Works Overseer or Supervisor.
- Responsible for daily machinery maintenance prior to machinery start-up (six-point check).
- On a weekly basis, when necessary, clean both the exterior and interior of the machine.
The successful applicant will possess the following attributes at a minimum:
- Current HR (Heavy Rigid) Drivers Licence.
- General Construction Induction White Card.
- Demonstrated experience in driving a water truck during road construction and maintenance activities.
- Proven ability to work under minimum supervision.
Applicants should familiarise themselves with the entire position description.
The gross fortnightly wage for this position is $2,202.75 including Construction Allowance.
Application packages are available from the Human Resources Office on (07) 4783 9800 or you can download the application package using the following link.
Applications for 20/04 – Truck Driver - Works should include:
- A cover letter
- A current resume
- Statements addressing the selection criteria
Applications can be submitted using one of the following methods (Word or PDF format is preferable):
- Email – email@example.com
- Mail – Confidential Application No. 20/04, PO Box 974, Ayr Qld 4807
Applications close on Tuesday, 28 January 2020 at 5.00pm.
For further information please contact the Works Overseer – Rob Potter on (07) 4783 9800.