Job Vacancy 20/16 - Senior Treatment Operator - Water and Wastewater (Re-advertised)
We are currently seeking applications for a Senior Treatment Operator in the Water and Wastewater section. Applications close on Tuesday, 31 March 2020 at 5.00pm.
Burdekin Shire Council is seeking applications for a Senior Treatment Operator to assist in provision of efficient and effective services in the treatment of water and wastewater.
The key responsibilities include:
- Schedule and lead staff in quality sampling, testing, recording and reporting to monitor and improve operational compliance of Treatment Plants with statutory licence conditions and regulations, including the Burdekin Shire Council’s management plans.
- Perform routine treatment plant inspections to monitor operational condition of the plant, maintain plant operating capability and organise any maintenance work or configuration changes.
- Lead prompt response to operational changes to ensure treated water and wastewater comply with licence and guideline standards.
- Lead, mentor, and train treatment operators, assistant treatment operators and trainee treatment operators in day-to-day site operations.
The successful applicant will possess the following attributes at a minimum:
- Certificate III Water Industry Operations or equivalent.
- Considerable experience in the operation and maintenance of water and wastewater treatment systems.
- Sound literacy, numeracy, and problem-solving skills.
- Preparedness to participate in an emergency on-call roster (which includes availability for after hours and weekends for periods of seven days), weekends on a roster basis, and flexible hours when necessary.
- Possession of a current C Class driver’s licence.
- General Construction Induction White Card.
Applicants should familiarise themselves with the entire position description.
The gross fortnightly wage for this position is $2,458.00.
Application packages are available from the Human Resources Office on (07) 4783 9800 or you can download the application package using the following link.
Applications for 20/16 – Senior Treatment Operator should include:
- A cover letter
- A current resume
- Statements addressing the selection criteria
Applications can be submitted using one of the following methods (Word or PDF format is preferable):
- Email – email@example.com
- Mail – Confidential Application No. 20/16, PO Box 974, Ayr Qld 4807
Applications close on Tuesday, 31 March 2020 at 5.00pm.
For further information contact Hashem Samiraninezhad – Water and Wastewater Coordinator – Treatment Operations on (07) 4783 9800.