Job Vacancy 20/18 - Customer Services Officers (Two part-time positions)
We are seeking applications for two part-time Customer Services Officers. Applications close on Tuesday, 31 March 2020 at 5.00pm.
Burdekin Shire Council is currently seeking applications for two Customer Services Officers to work on a rotational basis across the call centre and front counter.
These positions are permanent, part-time with the hours of work being 11am to 2pm, Monday to Friday. The fortnightly roster will be shared between the two successful applicants. Applicants may be required to work additional hours during peak times of the year and to cover staff absences therefore a need for flexibility is required.
Applicants who are hardworking, vibrant, enthusiastic and passionate about customer service are encouraged to apply.
The key responsibilities include:
- Provide high quality multifunctional Customer Service to the Burdekin Shire Council’s external and internal customers in person, by telephone, written and via electronic media.
- Provide a positive and proactive service to customers through effective communication, conflict resolution, problem solving and advocacy.
- Process all service requests for the provision of works and tasks to be undertaken via our electronic Customer Request Management System.
- Receipting functions for customers by way of cash, cheques and EFTPOS facilities.
- Process efficiently all Council applications, permits and payments.
The successful applicant will possess the following attributes at a minimum:
- Extensive experience in the provision of Customer Service by telephone and in person including the handling of large volumes of phone calls in a high-pressure environment.
- Demonstrated cash handling skills including receipting and EFTPOS transactions.
- Friendly outgoing personality with a passion for customer service.
- Demonstrated ability to identify customer needs and problem solve to resolve customer enquiries.
- Demonstrated ability to work as a productive and positive member of a team.
Applicants should familiarise themselves with the entire position description.
The hourly rate for this position ranges from $32.63 to $38.93 with the commencing rate dependent upon the skills and experience of the successful applicants.
Application packages are available from the Human Resources Office on (07) 4783 9800 or you can download the application package using the following link.
Applications for 20/18 – Customer Services Officers (Part-time) should include:
- A cover letter
- A current resume
- Statements addressing the selection criteria
Applications can be submitted using one of the following methods (Word or PDF format is preferable):
- Email – email@example.com
- Mail – Confidential Application No. 20/18, PO Box 974, Ayr Qld 4807
Applications close on Tuesday, 31 March 2020 at 5.00pm.
For further information please contact Tonia Marano – Customer Service Coordinator on (07) 4783 9800.