Job Vacancy 20/25 - Administrative Support Officer - Operations
We are seeking applications to fill the role of Administrative Support Officer - Operations. Applications close on Tuesday, 14 July 2020 at 5.00pm.
Burdekin Shire Council is seeking applications for an Administrative Support Officer to provide administrative support to the Operations Department Water and Wastewater section.
The key responsibilities include:
- Under regular direction, maintain the Customer Request system in Technology One.
- Assist in the preparation and distribution of statutory reports.
- Preparation of correspondence, public notices, press releases and other material relevant to the Water and Wastewater section.
- Ensure document processes generated for Construction Projects are in accordance with Council Quality Assurance and Work Health and Safety procedures.
- Undertake Site Hazard Inspection audits in accordance with Council’s Monthly Action Plan’s.
- Undertake financial costing including processing of purchase orders, checking delivery dockets, compiling financial reports in Finance One and processing of purchase cards.
- Support areas will include the Parks and Gardens and Works sections in periods of leave or high workload for administration and technical officers.
The successful applicant will possess the following attributes at a minimum:
- Certificate III in Business Administration or equivalent general clerical experience.
- Proficiency in the use of the Microsoft Office Suite of applications and data entry.
- Demonstrated experience working effectively with internal and external customers at all levels.
- Minimum of class ‘C’ driver’s licence.
- CPCCWHS1001 – General Construction Induction White Card.
Applicants should familiarise themselves with the entire position description.
The applicable salary is to a ceiling of Level 2 ($66,586pa) with the commencing salary dependent upon the skills and experience of the successful applicant.
Application packages are available from the Human Resources Office on (07) 47839800 or you can download the application package using the following link.
Applications for 20/25 – Administrative Support Officer – Operations should include:
- A cover letter
- A current resume
- Statements addressing the selection criteria
- Copies of relevant qualifications and licences
Applications can be submitted using one of the following methods (Word or PDF format is preferable):
- Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mail – Confidential Application No. 20/15, PO Box 974, Ayr Qld 4807
Applications close on Tuesday, 14 July 2020 at 5.00pm.
For further information please contact Shaun Johnston – Manager Water and Wastewater on (07) 4783 9800.