Job Vacancy 20/32 - Leading Hand - Maintenance & Main Roads - Works
We are seeking applications to fill the role of Leading Hand - Maintenance & Main Roads within the Works section. Applications close on Monday, 10 August 2020 at 5.00pm.
The Burdekin is located just 70km south of Townsville, where unspoilt natural beauty meets a thriving rural community right on the doorstep of the Great Barrier Reef. Famous for its abundant sunshine and rich agriculture, the shire’s most important asset is water. The Burdekin River combined with a massive underground aquifer and the Burdekin Falls Dam make the district drought resistant.
We are seeking applications to fill the position of Leading Hand – Maintenance and Main Roads within the Works section.
The key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Planning, supervision and coordination of site activities in the execution of the Department of Transport and Main Roads Road Maintenance Performance Contract including but not limited to sealed and unsealed pavement repairs, shoulder maintenance, gravel re-sheeting, stormwater drainage maintenance, road furniture replacement and repairs.
- Planning, supervision and coordination of site activities in the execution of Council maintenance and capital works including but not limited to sealed and unsealed road pavement repairs, shoulder maintenance, gravel re-sheeting stormwater drainage maintenance, road furniture replacement and repairs, boat ramp maintenance and other functions of Council which require the allocation and organisation of plant and labour.
- Undertake all work in accordance with relevant acts, regulations and standards, including but not limited to the Work Health and Safety Act 2011, MUTCD Part 3- Works on Roads, Contracted Agreements, site specific Construction Safety Plans and the Electrical Safety Act.
- Responsible for liaison with contractors, tradespersons and other Council employees engaged at the work site.
- Responsible for on-site supervision and coordination of contracted plant and services.
Applicants should familiarise themselves with the entire position description.
The applicable salary is to a ceiling of Level 8 ($66,180pa) with the commencing salary dependent upon the skills and experience of the successful applicant.
Application packages are available from the Human Resources Office on (07) 4783 9800 or you can download the application package using the following link.
Applications for 20/32 – Leading Hand – Maintenance and Main Roads - Works should include:
- A cover letter
- A current resume
- Statements addressing the selection criteria
- Copies of relevant qualifications and licences
Applications can be submitted using one of the following methods (Word or PDF format is preferable):
- Email – email@example.com
- Mail – Confidential Application No. 20/32, PO Box 974, Ayr Qld 4807
Applications close on Monday, 10 August 2020 at 5.00pm.
For further information please contact Robert Potter – Works Overseer on (07) 4783 9800.