Job Vacancy 20/34 - Senior Treatment Operator (Re-advertised)
We are seeking applications to fill the role of Senior Treatment Operator. Applications close on Monday, 17 August 2020 at 5.00pm.
The Burdekin is located just 70km south of Townsville, where unspoilt natural beauty meets a thriving rural community right on the doorstep of the Great Barrier Reef. Famous for its abundant sunshine and rich agriculture, the shire’s most important asset is water. The Burdekin River combined with a massive underground aquifer and the Burdekin Falls Dam make the district drought resistant
We are seeking applications for a Senior Treatment Operator to provide leadership in the efficient and effective treatment of water and wastewater through the operation and maintenance of wastewater treatment plants and pump stations.
The key responsibilities include:
- Schedule and lead quality testing, recording and reporting to ensure compliance of Treatment Plants with statutory licence conditions and regulations including the Burdekin Shire Council’s management plans.
- Perform routine treatment plant inspections to monitor operational condition of the plant, maintain plant operating capability and organise any maintenance work or configuration changes.
- Respond promptly to operational changes to ensure treated water and wastewater comply with licence and guideline standards.
- Ensure that processes are frequently monitored, chemicals and dosing levels are maintained, and dosing equipment adjusted as necessary
- Lead, mentor, develop and train treatment operators, assistant treatment operators and trainee treatment operators.
Applicants should familiarise themselves with the entire position description.
The base wage for this position is $2,513.25 gross per fortnight exclusive of applicable allowances and overtime.
Application packages are available from the Human Resources Office on (07) 4783 9800 or you can download the application package using the following link.
Applications for 20/34 – Senior Treatment Operator should include:
- A cover letter
- A current resume
- Statements addressing the selection criteria
- Copies of relevant qualifications and licences
Applications can be submitted using one of the following methods (Word or PDF format is preferable):
- Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mail – Confidential Application No. 20/34, PO Box 974, Ayr Qld 4807
Applications close on Monday, 17 August 2020 at 5.00pm.
For further information contact Shaun Johnston – Manager Water and Wastewater on (07) 4783 9800.