Job Vacancy 20/46 - Information and Communications Technology (ICT) Trainee
We are seeking applications for an Information and Communications Technology Trainee. Applications close on Monday, 2 November 2020 at 5.00pm.
Burdekin Shire Council is currently seeking applications for an ICT Trainee. The successful applicant will complete a traineeship in the IT Section learning basic ICT HelpDesk skills while undertaking a Certificate II in Information, Digital Media and Technology. The traineeship qualification has a nominal duration of 12 months. Continued employment beyond the 12 month traineeship period is not guaranteed.
This traineeship opportunity is made available with the assistance of Government funding; therefore, successful appointment will be dependent on applicants meeting specific funding criteria contained in the attached Traineeship Eligibility Questionnaire. Funding eligibility will be assessed upon receipt of your application.
The key responsibilities include:
- Provide first point of contact support to Council and Stakeholders for ICT issues, including routine enquiries and client requests for assistance with computer related hardware and software issues, and provide general application, computer and peripherals support to internal clients.
- Prompt, ongoing maintenance of the information within the ICT Service Management system (ManageEngine ServiceDesk Plus).
- Work on assigned projects to successfully achieve project objectives.
- Assist and support the ICT section and undertake other tasks as directed.
Applicants should familiarise themselves with the entire position description.
Wages and Conditions of employment will be determined in accordance with the Order – Apprentices’ and Trainees’ Wages and Conditions (Excluding Certain Queensland Government Entities) 2003; Training Wage Award – State 2012 and Council’s Certified Agreement. Currently, the salary ranges from $760.20 to $1,415.21 gross per fortnight dependent upon age and the highest year of schooling completed.
Application packages are available from the Human Resources Office on (07) 4783 9800 or you can download the application package using the following link.
Applications for 20/46 – ICT Trainee should include:
- A cover letter
- A current resume
- Statements addressing the selection criteria
- Traineeship Eligibility Questionnaire
- Most recent academic record
Applications can be submitted using one of the following methods (Word or PDF format is preferable):
- Email – email@example.com
- Mail – Confidential Application No. 20/46, PO Box 974, Ayr Qld 4807
Applications close on Monday, 2 November 2020 at 5.00pm.
For further information please contact the ICT Coordinator – Dirk Dabelstein on (07) 4783 9800.