Job Vacancy 20/47 - Apprentice Engineering Tradesperson - Mechanical (Diesel Fitter)
We are seeking applications for an Apprentice Engineering Tradesperson – Mechanical (Diesel Fitter). Applications close on Monday, 2 November 2020 at 5.00pm.
Burdekin Shire Council is currently seeking applications for an Apprentice Engineering Tradesperson – Mechanical (Diesel Fitter). The successful applicant will complete a Certificate III in Engineering – Mechanical Trade and assist in maintaining Council’s plant and equipment fleet. The apprenticeship qualification has a nominal duration of four years. Continued employment beyond the 4 year apprenticeship is not guaranteed.
This traineeship opportunity is made available with the assistance of Government funding; therefore, successful appointment will be dependent on applicants meeting specific funding criteria contained in the attached Traineeship Eligibility Questionnaire. Funding eligibility will be assessed upon receipt of your application.
The key responsibilities include:
- Assist in the effective provision of mechanical services for the repair, maintenance and servicing of Council’s plant and equipment.
- Operate with supervision as a mobile apprentice mechanic servicing plant and equipment on Council’s job sites and outlying Depots as well as Council’s workshop at Jones Street Depot.
Applicants should familiarise themselves with the entire position description.
Wages and Conditions of employment will be determined in accordance with the Order – Apprentices’ and Trainees’ Wages and Conditions (Excluding Certain Queensland Government Entities) 2003 and Council’s Certified Agreement. The gross fortnightly wage for a First Year Apprentice is $941.98.
Application packages are available from the Human Resources Office on (07) 4783 9800 or you can download the application package using the following link.
Applications for 20/47 – Apprentice Engineering Tradesperson – Mechanical (Diesel Fitter) should include:
- A cover letter
- A current resume
- Statements addressing the selection criteria
- Apprenticeship Eligibility Questionnaire
- Most recent academic record
Applications can be submitted using one of the following methods should include (Word or PDF format is preferable):
- Email – email@example.com
- Mail – Confidential Application No. 20/47, PO Box 974, Ayr Qld 4807
Applications close on Monday, 2 November 2020 at 5.00pm.
For further information please contact the Workshop Supervisor – Kevin Holt on (07) 4783 9800.