Job Vacancy 20/48 - Cadet Technical Officer
We are seeking applications for a Cadet Technical Officer. Applications close on Monday, 2 November 2020 at 5.00pm.
Burdekin Shire Council is currently seeking applications for a Cadet Technical Officer. The successful applicant will be required to undertake full time employment while completing an Associate Degree of Engineering (Civil) through the University of Southern Queensland.
Employee Benefits of Working at Council for Cadets
- Learn as you work - University fees paid by Council
- 4 hours paid study leave per week
- Nine day fortnight (working 72.5 hours per fortnight)
- 5 weeks annual leave per year
- 17.5% annual leave loading
- Up to 12% Superannuation (conditions apply)
The key responsibilities include:
- Enrol in an Associate Degree of Engineering (Civil) and commit to studying for and obtaining this qualification. Apply this knowledge to the workplace.
- Under general direction, undertake projects as a technical officer, including investigation, design, survey, cost estimation, as constructed recording.
- Conducting or assisting engineering survey work using a variety of instruments including total station, automatic level and GPS equipment.
- Participating in Council's Flood Reporting Service. Operation of and maintenance of the Council's and flood reporting radio systems.
- Assist with the collection and management of road, drainage, water, and sewer asset information.
Applicants should familiarise themselves with the entire position description.
The commencing salary is dependent upon age and experience with a minimum starting rate of $43,404 per annum.
Application packages are available from the Human Resources Office on (07) 4783 9800 or you can download the application package using the following link.
Applications for 20/48 – Cadet Technical Officer should include:
- A cover letter
- A current resume
- Statements addressing the selection criteria
- Most recent academic record
Applications can be submitted using one of the following methods (Word or PDF format is preferable):
- Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mail – Confidential Application No. 20/48, PO Box 974, Ayr Qld 4807
Applications close on Monday, 2 November 2020 at 5.00pm.
For further information please contact the Design Office Coordinator – Glen Stockdale on (07) 4783 9800.