We are currently seeking applications for a Library Assistant. This is a temporary part-time position for a period of up to 7 months with the hours of work totalling 47 hours per fortnight.
The key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Circulation desk duties that include but are not limited to assisting the public in locating information by using the Library Management System and supporting library clients in the use of the internet, computers and other equipment.
- Assist with acquisitions procedures for library materials.
- Assist with functions relevant to Library Accounts.
- Assist with the processing of Inter-Library Loans requests.
- Assist with promotions and programs.
- Present children’s activities and programs.
The successful applicant will possess the following attributes at a minimum:
- Demonstrated experience in the provision of Customer Service by telephone and in person to a broad range of customers in a busy environment.
- Demonstrated literacy and numeracy skills for accurate data entry and bibliographic searching.
- Demonstrated skills in the operation of computers, including accessing internet websites and information, and the operation of other office equipment.
- Demonstrated ability to quickly acquire product knowledge and adapt to changes in process, practice and technology.
Applicants should familiarise themselves with the entire position description.
The applicable salary is to a ceiling of Level 2 ($42,216pa) with the commencing salary dependent upon the skills and experience of the successful applicant.
Applications for 19/30 – Library Assistant (Temporary Part-time) should include:
- A cover letter
- A current resume
- Statements addressing the selection criteria
Application packages are available from the Human Resources Office on (07) 4783 9800 or you can download the application package using the following link:
- Job Vacancy 19/30 - Library Assistant - (pdf 141.12 kB)
Applications can be submitted using one of the following methods:
Applications close on Tuesday, 2 July 2019 at 5.00pm. Word or PDF format is preferable.
For further information please contact the Library Services Manager – Alexis Adams on (07) 4783 9800.