We are excited to announce some great upgrades to key features for members using e-books through Wheelers ePlatform . They have developed Book Ratings, Saving and Lists. There is also a fantastic Renew feature.
Ratings, Saving and Lists
• Ratings – Users may rate titles using a star rating system. Also shown is the average of all other user ratings.
• Saving – Users may ‘Save’ titles via a new top menu item page called “Saved”. For example you may see titles that you wish to read in the future and ‘save’ them. When reviewing your Saved list, you can borrow one of the titles if available, or place a reserve on the title.
• Lists – Saved titles can be organised into lists.
In the past, loans would simply expire or be returned early, and if you had not finished the title you would need to borrow the title again, assuming it was available. To cater for readers who have not finished a book there is now a RENEW feature. Here’s how it works:
• When a loan is two days from expiry, you will receive an email to alert you to the expiration. In this email you are invited to renew the loan if you need more time to complete the title, but note it is subject to availability.
• A title can only be renewed if it is within 2 days of expiry AND the title has not been reserved by another member.
• Once a title is renewed the loan time is extended by the usual loan period from the date the renewal occurred (the time is not added to the existing expiration date).
• There will also be an email sent when the loan expires.
The Department of Transport and Main Roads (TMR) wishes to advise that a temporary closure of the Barramundi Creek boat ramp is required while upgrades to the existing boat ramp and the installation of a floating walkway are carried out.
The boat ramp construction project is due for commencement Monday 22nd January, 2018 and will take approximately 3 months to complete, weather permitting.
More information about the Barramundi Creek boat ramp project can be obtained by contacting Department of Transport and Main Roads Customer and Stakeholder Management team on 1800 625 648 or via email at
For a full list of boat ramps in the Burdekin Shire (including map) please visit: https://www.burdekin.qld.gov.au/community/facilities/boat-ramps.
Come along for some Messy Play Fun with Burdekin Library, on the last Thursday of every Month (not including school holidays).
Dates: 23rd February, 30th March, 27th April, 25th May, 27th July, 31st August, 26th October, 30th November
Where: Theatre Forecourt
Ages: 0-5 years
The Catalogue is now available on your mobile device. This gives you full access to our catalogue 24/7 wherever you are.
Did you know that the Burdekin Library Catalogue is mobile and can be searched from an Android or Iphone or Ipad device using LibraryAnywhere. Click on the Android Logo to download the Android App.
If you have an Iphone or Ipad you can get the app from the Itunes store
Want to see what LibraryThing for Libraries and their Virtual Shelf add on looks like then have a look at our catalogue. Click on the link below and then click on the virtual shelf button.
comments are always welcome
Hello and welcome
The Burdekin Library is in Ayr North Queensland 1 hour south of Townsville. We are a public library serving the needs of the Burdekin and over time we will publish to this blog more about what we are and what we are doing.