Council has introduced a subsidised de-sexing program to assist some owners of cats and dogs.
Owners of a cat or dog who are experiencing financial difficulties but would like to have their pet de-sexed can apply to Council for assistance. The application will be assessed and if approved a $30 co-contribution is to be paid to Council prior to the surgery.
The criteria for the program are:
- The application form is to be completed
- Proof of ownership of the animal is required
- Proof of economic circumstances – employment status, pension, Centrelink card holder, concession card holder or the like
- 1 animal per address per year
- The animal must be registered and microchipped
- The enclosure must be suitable for the animal
- The animal must be suitable for de-sexing as per Vet advice
- Any costs associated with unforeseen circumstances that arise with the animals health during the operation will not be covered by the program
- Any conditions imposed by the vet are to be addressed prior to the de-sexing appointment.
Applications will be considered on their merits. Criteria for assessment in addition to the details requested in the application form include:
- Income from all sources
- Living expenses
- The applicant must occupy the property and be responsible for a reasonable proportion of expenses associated with the property.
To lodge your application for the de-sexing program please complete the following form:
- Application for Subsidised De-sexing - Cat or Dog - (pdf 87.36 kB)