Searching for information

Before submitting a Right to Information application or Information Privacy application you should check to see if the information is already available.

Information and documents held by the Burdekin Shire Council may be accessed through a variety of mechanisms. The most appropriate method of seeking access to information will depend on what type of information is sought.

Information held by the Burdekin Shire Council is commonly accessed through the following avenues:

Publication scheme

Our publication scheme describes and categorises information routinely available. It has been developed to give the community greater access to information held by the Burdekin Shire Council.
> Publication scheme

Administrative access

Administrative access may be used for the following information:

  • certain types of non-personal information devoid of sensitivity and confidentiality
  • an individual’s own information but not that of another person, unless consent has been provided.

If you have been unable to find what you are looking for on our website please contact our customer service centre officers who will advise whether the information you are seeking can be released administratively.
> Contact the Customer Service Centre

Disclosure log

Our disclosure log provides information in response to non personal information requests made under the Right to Information Act 2009.
> Disclosure log

Current Employees

Current employees are entitled to access their own employee records.  For details on how to apply for administrative access to employee records, please refer to the Human Resources Coordinator.

Lodge an application under the RTI Act or IP Act

Alternatively, it may be necessary to lodge an application under the RTI Act or IP Act.

If you have not been able to find the information you are looking for through our Publication Scheme or by requesting it from council staff, you may wish to make an application under the RTI Act (for information not limited to your own personal information) or IP Act (for information that is limited to your own personal information).

This process provides a formal means of obtaining documents held by Council, and should be used as a last resort.

Please complete the application form
> Right to Information application formand lodge it together with your payment of the necessary fee (if applicable) either:

  • In person at Council’s Customer Service Centre at 145 Young St, Ayr QLD 4807 (provide original ID)
  • By post (The Chief Executive Officer, PO Box 974, Ayr QLD 4807)

Please note that you will be required to provide proof of identity with your application.

This may be sighted by Council staff when applying over the counter or a certified copy of your driver’s licence will need to be submitted with your application if you are posting it to council.

Comments are closed.