During the course of construction, the responsible person (Plumber/Drainer) who installs the plumbing/house drainage are required under the provisions of the Standard Plumbing & Drainage Regulations to have the work inspected.
Council’s standard conditions of plumbing and drainage approval require inspections at the following stages:
- Installation of underslab drainage, under test and prior to covering works
- Installation of House drainage under test and prior to covering works
- Installation of Water rough-in, under test and prior to covering works
- Installation of elevated pipe work, under test and prior to covering works
- Compliance Assessment application for plumbing, drainage and on-site sewerage work
- Within 7 days of the completion of plumbing and drainage works – final
Work also classified under the new Form 4 Schedule may also be lodged at Council with works to be inspected.
Council’s Plumbing Department carries out inspections every Monday, Wednesday and Thursday from 7.00am to 4.00pm. Inspections requested outside of these days will have to be booked with Council’s Customer Service Centre giving a minimum 24 hours notice, as stated in the conditions of the compliance permit.
Inspections are not undertaken for the purpose of guaranteeing the quality of standards of workmanship as inspections only indicate compliance with approvals of the work at the time of inspection.