Queensland Fire and Emergency Services is the primary provider of fire and emergency services in Queensland.
Visit the QFES website: https://www.qfes.qld.gov.au/
Maintained by a unique mix of over 36,000 Rural Fire Service Queensland volunteers, 6000 State Emergency Service volunteers, approximately 2,200 permanent firefighters, more than 2000 auxiliary firefighters and supported by non-operational administrative support staff, QFES responds to:
- Structural, landscape and vehicle fire;
- Road crash rescue;
- Swift water and water rescue;
- Storm and natural disaster;
- Building fire safety;
- Hazardous condition incidents;
- Land, marine, air and urban search and rescue;
- Crime scene, missing person and forensic searches;
- Animal disease outbreaks; and
The QFES aims to protect person, property and the environment through the delivery of emergency services, awareness programs, response capability and capacity (preparedness), and incident response and recovery for a safer Queensland.