General Information

An application for a Permit to Close and Barricade a Footpath & Erect Staging and/or Scaffolding on a Road or Footpath is usually lodged when tradesmen are carrying out work on one of Council’s footpaths e.g. painting a shop front, requiring the footpath to be closed.

The applicant will be required to fill out an application form and pay the applicable fees.

Note: All applicants closing the footpath will be required to pay the first application fee.

If the applicant is also erecting staging or scaffolding i.e. tressels for painting, a second fee will apply.

The applicant will receive a copy of the signed form.

If the works are on or within ten metres of a State controlled road; e.g. Queen Street or Edwards Street, Ayr or Eighth Avenue, Home Hill, the applicant will have to contact the Department of Transport and Main Roads on 13 19 40 and apply for a Road Corridor Permit (RCP).

Who to Contact

If you need to erect staging or scaffolding on a Council road or footpath…

Please contact the Customer Service Centre using the Online Contact Form.

You can also contact the Customer Service Centre using one of the following methods.

Customer Service Centre

Google Map
145 Young Street,
Ayr Qld 4807
Postal AddressPO Box 974
Ayr Qld 4807
Opening hours8am – 5pm, Monday to Friday (except Public Holidays)
(07) 4783 9800 – Business hours
(07) 4783 9800 – After hours (the same number)
Fax(07) 4783 9999
OnlineUse the Online Contact Form

Building Certification and Plumbing Officers

Early OpeningPlease phone (07) 4783 9942 if you need to access the Building and Plumbing Department between 7am – 8am, Monday to Friday.

Media Enquiries

For all media enquiries please email

Compliments and Complaints

The Burdekin Shire Council is committed to an open and friendly relationship with members of our community. Whether you’re telling us what we do well, or how we can improve, your feedback is important to us.If you would like to provide a compliment or complaint regarding actions or decisions made by Council, or by one of our councillors or officers, please visit the
> Complaints, compliments and suggestions page.

Privacy Notice

We will only use personal information provided in your email to address the subject matter of your email. This may involve passing on your email to other areas within the council. We will not disclose your personal information to other government agencies, organisations or anyone else unless one of the following applies:

  • you consented to the disclosure
  • you would have a reasonable expectation that your personal information would be disclosed
  • it is required or authorised by law
  • it will prevent or lessen a serious threat to somebody’s life or health; and
  • the disclosure is reasonably necessary for a law enforcement activity.

Your email address details will not be added to a mailing list. Email messages may be monitored by our information technology staff for system trouble-shooting and maintenance purposes.

Comments are closed.