I’ve made application to Council for a cross-over.  What happens now?

After your application is received by Council, Technical Officers will visit the site and take levels to determine the existing grades between the crown of the road and the location of the crossover.  If levels can be set on-site, usually white pegs are placed in the ground offset from either side of the proposed crossover.  When the levels are too steep, Council will liase with the applicant for the best possible outcome.

What Council fees are applicable?

There is no fee for a first crossover, but an additional crossover at the same property will attract a fee which can be found in Council’s latest Fees and Charges.

What are the minimum specifications for a standard residential concrete crossover?

The crossover should have a minimum thickness of 100 mm, using at least 25 mPa concrete and F72 mesh reinforcement.  The minimum width of a standard residential crossover is four meters with the maximum 6 metres.

What are the minimum specifications for a standard industrial concrete crossover?

Counci’s Design Office will assess each application as it comes to hand.  It will normally be installed using a higher strength concrete and have a greater minimum thickness than a standard residential crossover due to the nature of the vehicles that will be using it.

Who pays for any civil works involved in constructing the crossover?

The customer pays for all works associated with constructing the crossover including any applicable fee to Council.  Private contractors can be engaged to construct the crossover for you.


Comments are closed.