Drinking water and sewerage service providers are required by the Queensland Department of Energy and Water Supply to prepare an annual report on key performance indicators (KPIs) (PDF, 1.9MB) — a ‘performance report’.
- Water and Wastewater KPI Report - 2017-2018 - (pdf 56.47 kB)
Purpose of performance reports
The KPIs are designed to monitor and benchmark performance on common industry metrics including:
- water security
- capacity to ensure continuity of supply
- financial sustainability
- industry and workforce capability
- quality of service provided to customers.
Content of performance reports
The performance report will:
- be about the service provider’s performance against the KPIs stated in the notice from the regulator
- include the data for each KPI in the format stated in the notice
- for the customer service standard KPIs, detail the target levels of service set in a customer service standard
- include, if applicable,
- a summary of any findings or recommendations in a performance audit report for the financial year
- a report on the implementation of an improvement plan
- a report about any actions the service provider took because of a regulator direction.