Councillor John Furnell
Councillor John Furnell is well known amongst the community, having served as a paramedic for over 20 years. Cr Furnell is now serving his first term as a Councillor of Burdekin Shire Council.
Although Cr Furnell is now medically retired from paramedicine, he is still actively working as a Registered Nurse. Cr Furnell is a dedicated volunteer and member of many community organisations and was recently awarded Burdekin Citizen of the Year in 2020.
John is married with three children and four grandchildren.
- Burdekin Community Association
- Burdekin Local Disaster Management Group
- Burdekin Neighbourhood Centre Association
- Community and Cultural Development Advisory Group
- Local Authority Waste Management Advisory Committee
- North Queensland Resource Recovery Group
- Townsville Area Palliative Care Plan 2020-24 Working Group
|Postal Address||PO Box 137
AYR QLD 4807
|Phone||Mobile: 0418 478 495|